People sometimes think that when they have a gut feeling that it is what their intuition is, but intuition is so much more than that. The feeling that you get in your gut when something is wrong can be part of your intuition but so are other things.
Intuition is something that we just know, when we get a feeling in our gut, it is how our body is responding to what our intuition is telling us. Our body will remember things and then react to them when things feel unsafe.
It is natural for a person or an animal to have instincts to make them act a certain way in their life. Mothers are some of the people that have the strongest natural instinct when dealing with the lives of their children.
Intuition happens when we know something, but we have no way to prove that we know it. There is no evidence except a feeling when we have this happen to us. Intuition will guide us and lead us out of harmful situations and let us know when something isn’t right. This is more than just a thought, but it is something out of the spiritual world.
When you use your intuition, you are reaching your higher being and everyone has this. The feelings that we have in the pit of our stomach when something is wrong is just something that your body is telling you that you are right about.
Even the times when things seem illogical, you have to learn to know and know when to react when your intuition is speaking to you. Intuition will require you to respond and it will show you that things in your mind and body are not lining up with something good. Intuition can be something that is out of a fearful situation or even just a knowing.
Intuition is for everyone, but the problem is that everyone doesn’t listen to their intuition. This happens because people want everything to be logical and so they don’t want to follow something that has no proof. Some people will never make a decision based on what they are feeling or based on what their mind is telling them to or not to do.
Listening to Your Intuition
There are some things that you can do to learn to listen better to your intuition such as:
- Listen to how your body is responding to something, if you are at peace, you have made the right decision.
- A gut feeling is part of the instinct that you have in your body and can help you to know you are right.
- Find out how to listen to signals and signs around you. The universe will give you direction. If you feel that you need to not go down a dark alley, listen to what your intuition is saying.
- Be around people that believe in your sense of intuition and let them lead and challenge you.
- When you dream or daydream about something in your life, don’t doubt what you are feeling. This can lead you to something even better in your life.
- Listen to your body and your intuition and when you are right, remember this. You can even journal the feelings and the thoughts that you have and the outcome so that you can remember it.
- Don’t listen to your mind when it tells you to do something that your intuition is telling you not to do. Learn to quiet your mind in these situations and let your intuition take over.
- Try things that are new. Pay attention to how you feel and what your body lets you know. Let your gut feeling become part of your memory so that it will know how to react in the future.